#MODERATEROCKMIXTAPE- March 2023
Spring has sprung. The sun shines, the flowers bloom, the birds and the bees do their thing. Life, uh, finds a way, or whatever. But even as nature emerges from hibernation, Moderate Rock, you might have noticed, has slowed down to almost a stop. It’s not permanent, it never is, but things might be quiet around here for a couple more months to come.
While I haven’t found much time to write about music though, I haven’t stopped listening. Never will. And the #ModerateRockMixtape will continue to be updated.
Last month it featured the best punk rock song of the year so far, a band with a single song to their name, and a band with 30 years behind them.
This month, I hope you find something to love.
- DRUG CHURCH- ‘Myopic’
- CITRUS- ‘Corduroy’
- SEMAPHORE- ‘Nothing’
- HELLO MARY- ‘Evicted’
- WAKELEE- ‘Tug of War’
- THE RUPERT SELECTION- ‘Then Again’
- SUPERCHUNK- ‘Everything Hurts’
- LONG DISTANCES- ‘Lovesong for an Apocalypse’
- BLEACH LAB- ‘Indigo’
- THUS LOVE- ‘Centerfield’
- LOW COAST– ‘Hard to Believe’
- KEATON HENSON- ‘The Meeting Place’
- STOREFRONT CHURCH- ‘Waking Up’
- GIVE UP TO FAILURE- ‘Weakness’
- LIA KOHL- ‘Sit on the Floor and Wait for Storms’
- BACKSTEP- ‘Shadows’
- SPACESHIPS- ‘Spillt’