#MODERATEROCKRECOMMENDS- May 2019
From time to time I wrestle with giving ModerateRock sharper focus. Should we pivot to post-hardcore or go all-in on modern ambient? But then I hear something new, something I fall so quick and hard in love with, that wouldn’t fall within whatever lines might have to be drawn, and I say focus be damned.
If you long for ever more crushing riffs as much as new shoegaze, and clamour for killer melodies as much as post-rock power, then this list is for you- this month and most likely every month. I hope you find something to love.
- THORNHILL- Coven
- WE NEVER LEARNED TO LIVE- Android Anaesthetist
- DIANACRAWLS– Us Anyway
- WORE- I Wish I Was Numb
- ALEXISONFIRE- Complicit
- BARS OF GOLD- Worthless Chorus
- HOLDING PATTERNS– At Speed
- TRAUMA RAY- Relay
- BLACK DIRTY- River Rats
- KELLEN- That Time
- FUTURE TEENS- Emotional Bachelor
- SOTE- Brass Tacks
- BEIGE PALACE- Candy Pink Sparkle
- EFRIM MANUEL MENUCK & KEVIN DORIA- Do the Police Embrace?
- LAZYBONES FLAME KIDS– Seven Kings of Rome
- EMPLOYED TO SERVE- Bare Bones on a Blue Sky
- THROES– They Never Spoke
- FULL OF HELL- Aria of Jeweled Tears